Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Your Guide To Not Getting Murdered In A Quaint English Village

 


"Your Guide To Not Getting Murdered In A Quaint English Village". That's it. That's the post.

["In the England of murder mysteries and TV detectives, no destination is deadlier than a quaint country village, and you never know you're in a murder village until it's too late. No attraction or local character is safe--whether in the pub for a pint, or on the manicured grounds of the local estate for a shooting party, bodies can turn up anywhere! Danger lurks around every cobblestone corner. If you are foolish enough to make the trip, at least be prepared. Good luck, and whatever you do, avoid the vicar."]

Written by the fabulous Maureen Johnson (of the #TrulyDevious series) and illustrated by the uber talented Jay Cooper (of several books, a graphic novel, and more).

This book reminded me of a lot of different books. One that I can't remember the name of (nor can I remember the name of the author or illustrator--but it was black and white and grim as fuck--I just looked it up, it's #EdwardGorey). And then the #ScaryStoriesToTellInTheDark series.

It was dark and twisty and grim and hilarious and amazing as fuck. Like seriously. I wish I could forget what I just read and read it again. The rainy and cloudy atmosphere that is this evening really added to the overall ambiance. 

I fucking loved it. Like, I want to recommend this book to everyone I know. Everyone. Then again, I really love stuff like this (total #AddamsFamily vibes here)

There's even these cute little quizzes at the end of each section to test your knowledge and make sure you actually learned something. I failed them anyway. You probably will to, to be perfectly honest (the answer will never be what you thin it will be--and it won't be what you think it won't be either).

READ THIS. NOW. PLEASE.


#yourguidetonotgettingmurdered #yourguidetonotgettingmurderedinaquaintenglishvillage #inaquaintenglishvillage #maureenjohnson #jaycooper #thriller #picturebook #guidebook #books #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suddenly A Murder

I thiiiiiiink I stumbled across Lauren Muńoz's "Suddenly A Murder" at target (not a targeted add this time--just lack of contr...