Saturday, September 25, 2021

Loveless

I love Alice Oseman, and I've started slowly reading through her novels after obsessively reading #Heartstopper so many times. I began with "Loveless." Partially because it was the newest, partially because I heard so many good things about it, partially because Georgia (blurb Georgia) sounded exactly like me.

["It was all sinking in. I’d never had a crush on anyone. No boys, no girls, not a single person I had ever met. What did that mean?

Georgia has never been in love, never kissed anyone, never even had a crush – but as a fanfic-obsessed romantic she’s sure she’ll find her person one day.

As she starts university with her best friends, Pip and Jason, in a whole new town far from home, Georgia’s ready to find romance, and with her outgoing roommate on her side and a place in the Shakespeare Society, her ‘teenage dream’ is in sight.

But when her romance plan wreaks havoc amongst her friends, Georgia ends up in her own comedy of errors, and she starts to question why love seems so easy for other people but not for her. With new terms thrown at her – asexual, aromantic – Georgia is more uncertain about her feelings than ever.

Is she destined to remain loveless? Or has she been looking for the wrong thing all along?"]

Profound. As. Fuck.

Not just about being aromantic and asexual or questioning our sexuality in general. About feeling pressured to figure it out (figure everything out), feeling pressured to kiss people and have sex with people in high school, feeling pressured to do those exact same things but in higher volume at uni.

This book was deep as fuck. Moving. Like I cried so damn much reading this. I felt so damn connected to Georgia on so many levels. I thought this book might give me some of the answers I'm looking for as well, and on some levels it did (self-acceptance and giving things time and just being), but FUCK, I loved this book. It was so damn loving. Sure, Georgia hated herself a lot (and other people--and other people hated her), but she figured out how to love herself, whic his hard as fuck.

And the one thing on the back of my book that makes me all warm and fuzzy and happy and not-confused and a-little-teary-eyed .. "True love isn't limited to romance."

#loveless #aliceoseman #selflove #selfacceptance #aromantic #asexual #aro #ace #aroace #books #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Left on Read (Crimson Club #4)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Left on Read." It&...