Sunday, October 17, 2021

Any Way The Wind Blows: Reaction 3


It took me a few months to get through my second read-through of Rainbow Rowell's "Any Way The Wind Blows" because life. And getting distracted my other books. And going through my copy of AWTWB with my pen and highlighter and adding notes about callbacks from "Carry On" and "Wayward Son" and adding notes about AWTWB to my copies of CO and WS...either way, it's been a lot, but it's been so much fun.

Because... 

Holy. Shit.

This book. These books. I just can't. I want to, but I can't. I have so many feelings about these books about these characters about the school and the trips and the trauma (theirs and mine). It covers so many damn topics (straight-forward ones and subtle ones--some so subtle that I think they're just headcanons). There's not enough words or enough time to describe every perfect and imperfect thing/moment/person/symbol/progression in this series.

Snowbaz and Watford has gotten me through so fucking much in the past 6+ years. So fucking much. Just typing this makes me want to cry. I'm literally tearing up right now. I had to type another paragraph to distract myself (not lying). What would we do without fandoms? 

The paragraph I distracted myself with (aka the logic behind this photo): It has a little Simon (the Watford hoodie) and a little Baz (the flowered blouse). I just wish I had some scones (Baz'll just have tea for now, thanks--though he is partial to Lady Salisbury's cakes).

#anywaythewindblows #waywardson #carryon #fangirl #rainbowrowell #magicath #carryonsimon #simonsnow #snowbaz #bazpitch #tyrannusbasiltongrimmpitch #dragons #watford #books #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Left on Read (Crimson Club #4)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Left on Read." It&...