Saturday, November 20, 2021

Five Fake Dates


Got through a bunch of the downloaded books on my Kindle app. Now we're getting through a bunch of the Kindle books on my wish list. Starting with D.J. Jamison's "Five Fake Dates."

["Adam
I've got it bad for my best friend, but he's only had eyes for my sister since we were kids. I don't know what I'll do if they hook up -- especially after a drunken kiss West doesn't seem to remember. Seeing them together just might kill me, so why I offer to help him hone his dating skills, I'll never know. FML.

West
Ever since a drunken kiss we haven't talked about, I've been seeing Adam in a new light. Trouble is, he thinks I want his sister. This whole bisexual awakening thing is scary, and I don't want to risk our friendship by moving too fast. But when Adam mocks my dating skills, I come up with a genius plan: Five Fake Dates. Adam thinks he's helping me, and I get to test the waters without risking our friendship. Win-win!

A few fake dates, increasingly real kisses, and a tiny deception between friends. What could go wrong?"]

True or dare trope? Fake dating trope? Best friends to lovers trope? Yes, yes, and yes. 

This novella was so damn cute. Granted it would have been shorter if they would have just talked their feelings out. Then again, there really wouldn’t be a book at all if they did that so…

Super cute story and loved the couple and their fast but true love. Didn’t know it was sorta part of the Bliss Island universe, but loooved that nugget of information.

#fivefakedates #djjamison #maritalbliss #maritalblissseries #surprisegroom #wranglingagroom #nobodysgroom #fakingagroom #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Left on Read (Crimson Club #4)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Left on Read." It&...