Friday, December 31, 2021

Goodbye, 2021!

I don't remember a lot of 2021. I'm not sure if that's because nothing major happened, or if it's because it was just another 2020 (aka a lot of scary shit happening and a lot of people not caring and that being the new normal). 

Exciting things I do remember happening: my best friend got married, I went to a concert, I went to Universal, my grandma turned 80, I redid my parent's kitchen, I got 3 new tattoos, I bought a new bookshelf, I caught covid, I found a new genre that I'm in love with, and probably more (but like I said, this year was...).


2021 Resolutions:

     (1) Write [almost] every day
     (2) Don't stop reading
     (3) Complete something (e.g. a manuscript)
     (4) Share love of books/writing
     (5) Be kinder to myself


(1) I wrote a few days. I did more research for different manuscripts than actual writing, but that counts as something...sorta. Going to try to do a little bit more in 2022.

(2) Books read this year: 235 (though I might add one more by midnight). I can't say I should try to do more in 2022, because I did a shit ton in 2021, but I can ask for the opportunity more the same amount (or the same quality).

(3) Did some research for additional manuscript submissions, looking for an agent. Didn't do any additional submissions though. In December, I finally accepted that my book needs some cuts. In December, I also accepted that I don't know how to proceed with even more cuts. Trying more with a renewed will in 2022.

(4) Posts this year (including this one--as well as the next): 283. See the end note from number two for 2022 goals for this resolution.

(5) Let's just start over next year? Yeah. That's what we're going with.



Anyone still holding onto their resolutions (now that its time to make brand-new ones)?

Any exciting 2022 reads?
Anything I should check out?


#newyearsresolutions #goodbye2021 #hello2022 #keeplearning #writeeveryday #dontstopreading #completesomething #getprofessional #books #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Left on Read (Crimson Club #4)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Left on Read." It&...