Saturday, December 25, 2021

Reading Slump

I did a quick first reread through of my manuscript and decided that I was going to reward myself by reading a few books before I went through it a second time and did some more major cuts/edits. 

That was a week and a half ago...

Since then, I started and abandoned a book. Started and abandoned a book that I started and abandoned a few months ago. Thought about doing that last one a few more times with a few more books. Then stared at my bookshelves for a while (specifically the TBR shelves). Then I stared at my kindle app for a while. I did those last two things back and forth a few times, too. Then (there are a lot of thens in this post--I'm aware; I'm just too lazy to thing of other transitional words), I went and did that first one again (well, the second one with the first one's book).

It's official, people. I'm in a book slump. I hate reading slumps. It's almost harder than TV/movie slumps. It's definitely more frustrating then writing slumps (in my opinion--I'm fully accepted and embraced my writing slumps).


Granted, as soon as I post this, I'm bond to find some book that will stick. Fingers crossed. At least, I have a few more ideas on books to start (I just hate having so many half-started books; it stresses me out more than my TBR piles).

And to that one picture's credit, I have indeed binge-watched a new show obnoxiously fast (this time around: Brooklyn-Nine-Nine--and I have about a season and a half left, so no spoilers please).

#readingslum #bookslump #reading #readingproblems #writing #writingproblems #books #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suddenly A Murder

I thiiiiiiink I stumbled across Lauren Muńoz's "Suddenly A Murder" at target (not a targeted add this time--just lack of contr...