Monday, December 27, 2021

Where The Wild Things Are


I kept meaning and meaning and meaning to read this book for years (my coworker has a really cool tattoo--its her favorite book). Every time I think of reading it, I go to buy it (hoping there's a kindle version because I'm very instant-gratification--there's not, by the way), and I either forget or I'm too impatient to wait for it to be delivered. THIS TIME, I made myself wait.

It was so very worth it. Obviously

["Max, a wild and naughty boy, is sent to bed without his supper by his exhausted mother. In his room, he imagines sailing far away to a land of Wild Things. Instead of eating him, the Wild Things make Max their king."]

And like all children's books, the main character (the child) learns something, even just a little bit. He learns that, at the end of the day, something familiar and comforting is oftentimes more rewarding than adventure (and being King).

I (also) find a hot dinner and my own bed more comforting than...pretty much anything else.

#wherethewildthingsare #mauricesendak #books #childrensbooks #classicbooks #childrensclassics #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Left on Read (Crimson Club #4)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Left on Read." It&...