Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Super Hot Wingman (The Best Men #0.5)


Who needs to stick to the books I've started (I'm having a really hard time lately straying from my favorite genre--I have so many half-started non-romance books right now) when I can just read Sarina Bowen and Lauren Blakely's "Super Hot Wingman". It's a short story and a prequel (aka, a really amazing and really mean--cliffhanger's, man--teaser).

["Promises I make to myself…

1. I won't stare at my sister's fiance's super hot best friend, even when he takes his shirt off at a dinner party.

2. I won't look him up online and check out photos from his professional soccer career.

3. And I definitely won't fantasize about him late at night.

Oops. Broke all three. But in my defense, his abs and that arrogant smile are my catnip. Plus it's been a while.

But no matter how sexy Asher St James is, I will never let on that he's at the top of a long list of things I want to do.

And I keep that last promise.

Well, mostly…"]

Mark (promises guy) is one of those characters where you know his intentions are pure...but his approach needs work. He wants to protect his sister, desperately; she has a history of fast falling and bad break-ups, and with everything that happens in this short story, Mark is feeling as though all of her current choices are mirroring his past mistakes. He loves her and thinks he's doing the right thing. After he consumes a little too much alcohol. And accidently flirts with Asher (after ignoring him).

Asher, poor guy, thinks Mark is straight just because he has a kid. Bisexuality people (as well as all of the other sexualities besides the original dichotomy).

Everyone on Goodreads agrees that we need those drunk texts...now. Instead, I guess we have to wait for the book "The Best Men" to come out next week (Jan 18th). Sign me the fuck up.

#superhotwingman #thebestmen #thebestmenseries #sarinabowen #laurenblakely #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad Next Door (Crimson Club #5)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Dad Next Door." It...