Saturday, February 19, 2022

Marry Me (Tattoos and Temptations #1)


Again, who needs to stick to the already-downloaded books I have on my kindle or the ever-growing pile(s) of books on my TBR shelves when you can just like binge-read a new author and her first series? Here’s to Mia Monroe’s “Tattoos and Temptations” series. The first book is titled "Marry Me."

["A fake fiancé never felt so real.

The idea of facing my cheating ex at a friend’s upcoming wedding sends me right back to the chubby, insecure guy I was when I met my very straight best friend. Since then Jude has been the most supportive person in my life. So when I ask him for a favor, he steps up and becomes the best fake fiancĂ© a guy could ask for.

With three months before the big day, my friends rally to make sure we come across as authentic as possible. Jude takes to the lessons better than any of us anticipated. Especially the kissing.

Now the fake engagement is starting to feel kind of real.

This wedding should be really interesting…"]


These two, man, these two. They were so damn cute! And they were obviously in love from like the very, very first page. Jude just didn't realize what he felt for Briar was beyond-friendship-love. The chemistry was there on page one (it was in the prequel), and as soon as they kissed, it just kind of exploded. Jude just needed the time to figure himself out, and Briar needed the time to accept his feelings for what they were.


A few people on Goodreads thought the "immersive gay experiences" these two did with their friends was a little cringe, but I thought it was wonderful. Jude was always an ally, but now he knows why allies are important and more importantly (most importantly), why proper queer representation is crucial. I mean, sure, it was a little info-dumpy, but I sped-read through those sections anyway, so it didn't really bother me.


Please see the trigger warnings below, because the nasty ex does make some serious page-time and a loooooot of hard topics are discussed. I thought it was a little much. Granted, Mia went above the traditional nasty-ex-stereotype and gave the ex a redemption arc (spoiler alert), which was different from the genre (I could have done without it, but it gave Briar a lot of closure).


Trigger Warnings: cheating ex, manipulations, gaslighting, negative body image, suicide, etc


Very, very excited to binge-read this series. [“Welcome to Miami.”]


#dateme #marryme #fixme #freeme #catchme #temptme #twistme #tattoosandtemptation #tattoosandtemptationseries #miamonroe #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad Next Door (Crimson Club #5)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Dad Next Door." It...