Saturday, February 19, 2022

Fix Me (Tattoos and Temptations #2)


Again, who needs to stick to the already-downloaded books I have on my kindle or the ever-growing pile(s) of books on my TBR shelves when you can just like binge-read a new author and her first series? Here’s to Mia Monroe’s “Tattoos and Temptations” series. The second book is titled "Fix Me."

["My crush has Daddy written all over him

The minute I laid eyes on him he became my new hobby. I turned on the charm to win him over, only to get friendzoned. The more time we spend together, the more glimpses I get of the Daddy he’s hiding under his no dating allowed exterior. Unfortunately for Saint, a Daddy is exactly what this boy is looking for.

I have no intention of staying friends with him, but with every platonic interaction, I start feeling things I never have. And not just about the sexy Scottish object of my affection.

I wasn’t looking for someone to fix me, but if I let him in we might have something amazing here.

If we can just shake the ghosts from the past…"]


These two were sooooo cute. Yes, they had their issues (major ghosts here--please see trigger warnings below) but with the help of each other as well as a safe-place to finally be themselves, they were able to grow (please see the mini mental-health-rant I have below).


Again, like the first novel, there was on character (Casper) who was all in and totally gone for the other character (Saint) who needed some convincing and time to fully accept what their relationship meant and how it could be so much better than anything they've ever had before (sexually as well as non-sexually--there was actually a loooooot more non-sexually-intimate scenes than there was sexual ones).


One of the only issues I have with this book is the title and therefore the rom-com concept that romance can magically "fix" someone. Yes, a deep connection and a healthy relationship can do wonders to your mental and physical health, but it's not the connection/relationship itself that "fixes" you (and sometimes, you aren't "fixed"--because mental health isn't something that makes you broken--you're just in a better place and/or supported like you weren't before).


Trigger Warnings: negative thoughts of self, drug use, rape, attempted rape, death/dying, blackmail, manipulations, depression/anxiety, improper Daddying/Dom ways, psychically and mentally abusive relationships, etc


Very, very excited to binge-read this series. [“Welcome to Miami.”]


#dateme #marryme #fixme #freeme #catchme #temptme #twistme #tattoosandtemptation #tattoosandtemptationseries #miamonroe #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad Next Door (Crimson Club #5)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Dad Next Door." It...