Friday, February 11, 2022

The Best Men (The Best Men #1)


The ever anticipated (that cliffhanger, man) novel "The Best Men" by Sarina Bowen and Lauren Blakely's (if you haven't already, check out the short story and prequel: "Super Hot Wingman").

["In my defense, I was left alone with a bottle of single-malt and a life-long penchant for protecting my baby sister. Still, that's no excuse to send ten drunk-texts on why her hasty marriage would be a mistake.

If only I had just texted my sister. But nope. I accidentally sent the message to her, her groom, and his super hot wingman.

I also used the phrase “super hot wingman,” so I’d like to die now.

Instead, I have to plan a wedding with the aforementioned hottie and share a too-small guesthouse in steamy Miami.

Three days in the sun with the cocky, charming former athlete who likes to push my buttons? Fine, two can play at that let’s-infuriate-each-other game.

Until Asher ups the stakes with one wildly sexy suggestion. A no-strings fling, then I go back to my single dad life in New York, and he returns to his star-studded one.

Sign me up.

But the more nights I spend with the other best man, the more I want days too, and that just can't happen. Especially when I find out the real reason why…"]

THESE TEXTS MAN. Shiiiiiiiiiit, Mark. You done fucked up.

But those texts are just the very first few chapters. The rest of the novel is filled with angst you can feel and steam you can cut with a fucking knife. Somehow, Sarina and Lauren created a new emotion that combines strong hatred with even stronger fluff. It's so much more than enemies-to-lovers. Because its so much more than hate sex (mostly because the sexy times aren't filled with hate--at this point, they understand each other and their differences and the mutual sexual tension/pining).

I had to take another break with this one. The angst was only part of it. The fluff was just getting to me again. There were sooooo many pages left and it was too sweet to not have a last-ditch angst/almost-break-up moment, and I was trying to avoid that at all costs (just like I've paused my rereads of Harry Potter because, maybe, just maybe, Sirius might not die this time). They were sooo fucking in love and just pretending they weren't and it was too much for my poor romantic heart.

I've already a bunch of Sarina's books (a bunch more are on my TBR list or already downloaded onto my Kindle), but you better bet, that after this series, Lauren's books will be as well. 

#superhotwingman #thebestmen #thebestmenseries #sarinabowen #laurenblakely #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Left on Read (Crimson Club #4)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Left on Read." It&...