Sunday, March 20, 2022

Perfect Ten (The Off Season #1)


K.M. Neuhold's latest (amazing) series, The Off Season, starts (offically--the first novel) with "Perfect Ten."

["A total virgin and a HARD Ten.

I came to Palm Island two seasons ago, confused about my life and desperate for a change. The island drew me in, but I’m still not sure why.

Maybe it’s time I cut my losses and go back home, back to med school like I always planned.

But when the breathtaking, flirtatious, tattooed bartender I’ve been crushing on for ages offers to let me room with him this off-season, there’s no way I’m leaving now.

I can’t believe I’ve lived here this long without truly appreciating everything the island has to offer: the beauty of its untouched nature, how to catch a wave, the appeal of casual s… well, you know. But Ten seems determined to make sure I experience every last one, and then some.

Will this be the last off-season I spend here or could this thing between Ten and I be perfect?

Welcome to Palm Island: Come for the sweaty nights and beach parties, stay for the endless swoon and heart melting romance."]

God, I missed a really, really, really well written book. Like good from start to finish. The first ground setting character development and scene work to the build-up of the first kiss to how the steamy stuff moves from just sex to making love to the declarations, the almost-don't-make-it, to the full-of-promises ending. Coming from K.M. Neuhold, I'm not all that shocked, though. Their books are always fucking fabulous.

Bambi was as sweet and innocent as he was in the prequel, but all the more head-over-heals-crush on Ten. Ten who has a lot in common with Bambi (their past career goals and semi-similar reasons for moving to the island) and yet they were perfectly different too, like puzzle pieces. Once Bambi let himself open up to new experiences and adventure, once Ten realized how much he missed a real connection and how Bambi Bambi was, it was a no-looking-back kind of romance. Don't get me wrong, there was a lot of angst (well, a reasonably, medium amount of angst).

There are sooooooo many books coming out next month that I want to read like, now, including the next addition in this series, but I guess I'll have to settle with all of the accumulating books on my TBR Kindle Edition.

#therealdeal #perfectten #takenbystorm #theoffseason #theoffseasonseries #kmneuhold #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blurred Lines (Darby U Hockey Boys #2)

When there's far too many books to pick from, what do you do? Naturally, panic and read nothing while you debate (with yourself) on what...