Saturday, March 19, 2022

The Real Deal (The Off Season #0.5)


K.M. Neuhold's latest (amazing) series, The Off Season, starts (unofficially--this is just a novella/prequel) with "The Real Deal" (curtesy of #ProlificWorks).

["Of all the places in the world I expected to see Real Wilson again after fifteen years, the ferry to a gay vacation island was not one of them.

I thought I had one chance to kiss him, and I blew it. We were sixteen, and I was an idiot. But now, here he is, standing right in front of me, looking at me with that same expression of awe and adoration that I never lost my addiction to.

We have a week together on Palm Island, but there’s no way that’s going to be enough.

The locals are quirky, the dress code is more than a little lax, and I’m determined to prove to him that this is more than just a vacation fling…it’s The Real Deal. "]

I love prequel novellas. They’re short and sweet and fluffy and low-angst.

I also love the childhood-best-friends-to-lovers trope. Which was these two, obviously. They were so cute and hopeful and happy. The only angsty bits were the but-how-do-I-tell-him-I-want-more stuff, which was solved relatively quickly.

This island just seems so interesting with all of the puny, sick-themed shops and activities. Very true to the genre and to KM Neuhold’s writing style. AKA, I’m in love.

And the introduction to all of the workers was so fun and quirky and just makes you want to dive head first into the series to see all of these men get their Happily Ever After, too. I have a feeling there will be a lot more than the 2 books already advertise (or at least here’s me hoping).

#therealdeal #perfectten #takenbystorm #theoffseason #theoffseasonseries #kmneuhold #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hidden Scars (Darby U Hockey Boys #1)

When there's far too many books to pick from, what do you do? Naturally, panic and read nothing while you debate (with yourself) on what...