Monday, November 28, 2022

Budding Attraction (Divorced Men's Club #3)


Trying to get through some of my already-downloaded books on my Kindle before I move onto my next series. Here's the third installment of Saxon James's The Divorced Men's Club series: "Budding Attraction"

["Ford
I’ve never thought much about Orson Naples.
He’s a cute guy who I’d seen around town a few times, but then one day he up and left and didn’t reappear until a few years later. No one knows where he went or what he was doing, all this gossipy town knows is that he’s a widower, owns the florist, and is friends with that divorced group that hang out at the Killer Brew all the time.
But then one day I step into his flower shop and go from rarely thinking about him, to him constantly being on my mind.
There’s a restlessness to him that I’m dying to unlock answers to.
And his eyes linger on me a little too long for a straight man …

Orson
Ford Thomas is a pest. A delightful one. A tempting one. But I’m too old for games.
The ones I’ve played in the past have always led me to trouble which is why I vowed to settle down and live a quiet life.
So when Ford walks into my shop all uncontained energy and flirty quips in a pair of heavy work boots, I know I should show him the door.
I don’t need fun. I don’t need experiences.
Especially when those experiences have me questioning things I thought I knew about myself.
"]

The florist/mechanic trope is just a hair away from the florist/tattooist trope and I'm. Here. For. It. All fucking in.

Also all for the easy and flowing flirting. It was like a happy banter, no angst, just a cute mixture of teasing and complimenting. It was soooo fluffy! Like "it's so fluffy I'm going to die" fluffy.

This series continues to amazing me. I can't wait for even more.

#makinghimmine #roommatearrangement #platonicrulebook #buddingattraction #employingpatience #divorcedmensclub #divorcedmensclubseries #saxonjames  #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hidden Scars (Darby U Hockey Boys #1)

When there's far too many books to pick from, what do you do? Naturally, panic and read nothing while you debate (with yourself) on what...