Friday, February 24, 2023

Tempting (Reckless Love #2)


Not sure how I skipped an entire series by Saxon James. At. All. Let's remedy that. Here's the second and final book to Saxon's "Reckless Love" series, titled "Tempting."

(Also, was anyone going to tell me I spend two years spelling Saxon's name wrong?)

["After living a life at the top of the NFL, being taken out before my time, with a stupid injury, is a hard pill to swallow. And I’m willing to do anything in my power to get back in.
Only when I attend the wedding of my good friend and ex-teammate, I come face to face with the man I’ve been secretly pining after all these years. The only problem? Liam’s my friend’s ex, and after being a dirty little secret for too long, he’s sworn himself off football players.
No matter how hard I try, I can’t get him out of my head, so I propose the dumbest of all dumb ideas: a baby bi bucket list.
The more he helps me work through it, the more time we spend together, and the more I try to win him over. He’s hell bent against another football player, but I’m retired now. I can feel him slipping, and if he does, I’m faced with an impossible choice.
Ask him to be another secret.
Or tell my friend I’ve shacked up with his ex.
And while I thought violating brocode was going to be my biggest problem, I didn’t expect to get the call.
Another shot at the big time. A second chance at the NFL.
Everything I’d been hoping for. Except Liam.
Because if I take it, I’ll lose any chance of having him for good."]

"Tempting" was previous published as "Calling Your Bluff" and part of a series previous titled Love's A Gamble (let's go with that being the reason I missed this book/series...). Liam is Taryn's ex, and Zan is Taryn's best friend (Taryn is from book one).

This book had all of the fluff and the sweetness! There was so much hypothetical dates and cheesy pet names and gaining trust. They didn’t listen to what other people said, only what their hearts said. Oh yeah, and all of that steamy goodness!! 

#denial #risky #tempting #recklesslove #recklessloveseries #saxonjames #goodtimesandtanlines #betonme #callingyourbluff #lovesagamble #lovesagambleseries #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad Next Door (Crimson Club #5)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Dad Next Door." It...