Wednesday, March 22, 2023

The Forbidden Equation (Love Equations series #3)


Another accidentally-stumbled-upon book. I first found the third book, but let's try to stick to the correct order this time. ;) This is J.R. Gray's Love Equations series, and the third book is titled "The Forbidden Equation." 

["My father's the president and my brother's the golden boy which leaves me the black sheep. The son who never wanted to be here at all. The white house my gilded cage, and the secret service my prison guards.

I'm nearly twenty-one and nothing about my life is normal.

The only thing giving me life and any motivation to get out of bed is the way he looks at me. The stolen glances across the West Wing. Heated gaze in the private dining room.

He's my father's best friend, which isn't even the worst part, he's also the vice president. Utterly off limits and I can't bring myself to care. Can't bring myself to stop encouraging his flirting, dreaming, and hoping he won't be able to resist me forever."]

I wasn't convinced with this until until like 35-40% in (slow burn, man, sloooooooow burn).

These two are poetic disasters. It was like Romeo and Juliet, knowing it romance would burn bright as hell, but also knowing the consequences are dangerous and severe. But when they finally caved to the sexual tension? D: And the romantic connection!?!? D: It was so freaking good and all "mine" and soft and protective and D: SO GOOD

And the perfect descriptions of depression had me on edge, not in a good way. It was sooo accurate, it hurt (legit hurt). I had to put the book down and take a few minutes to breathe and recalibrate. So good, but so painfully accurate; I feel so seen and so sorry that other people feel like this, too. "that was the thing about depression. it wasn't just wanting to die. it was not having the motivation, endless exhaustion, wondering what it was like to not have to do it anymore and this deep sense that i didn't belong, so why even bother."

Trigger Warnings: suicide, depression, and more

#thefriendshipequation #theanimostityequation #theforbiddenequation #jrgray #loveequations #loveequationsseries #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hidden Scars (Darby U Hockey Boys #1)

When there's far too many books to pick from, what do you do? Naturally, panic and read nothing while you debate (with yourself) on what...