Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Love Directions (Good Bad Idea #5)


I stumbled across Ariella Zoelle's books on K.M. Neuhold's Facebook fanpage. She promises sweet, fluff, low/no angst, lots of humor, and no slow burn. This is her Good Bad Idea series (which kicks off her Sunnyside universe). The fifth book is titled "Love Directions." 

["Elias Forthwright
Horoscopes always seemed a bit woo-woo to me, but I don't know how else to explain why it feels like the cosmic universe is pushing me in the direction of the mysterious North Easton, who miraculously comes into my life at just the right time. We’re nothing alike, but for the first time since my mom passed away, life is finally fun again thanks to him.
Even though we just met, it would be stupid to run away from love when all signs point to him being the one, right?

North Easton
I’ve always been a lust at first sight kind of a guy, but Elias makes me rethink everything I know about love. It seems like our romance was written in the stars, especially since his horoscope predicted I would become the greatest love of his life.
There’s just one tiny problem: he doesn't know that I actually write the horoscopes he believes brought us together. Do I tell him the truth or let him keep being a believer?"]

Elias deserves all of the love after being with AssholeJosh (yes, that’s his full and legal name), and I’m so happy that he found it with North. And I'm also going to give this one trigger warnings, because AssholeJosh was more of an asshole than I even imagined (as well Elias's other ex), but North went ABOVE and BEYOND with his consent and reassurances and kindness (he was fucking amazing--consent is sexy y'all).

And Elias's mom with the horoscope and the birthday present and the "when. you mean your future forever" card and GOD, make me ugly cry, why don't you! D: The ooky spooky on this was chilling (but in a beautiful and loved-not-matter-what kind of way). You seriously just have to read it to understand. 

Trigger Warnings: abusive ex, abusive relationship, domestic abuse is more than just violence, degradation (and not the kinky, consensual kind), manipulation, lying, consent issues surround sex and prep and mutual satisfaction and fuck AssholeJosh, and more

#betonlove #servinglove #lovemeansmore #lovefancy #lovefool #lovedirections #picturelove #lovepractice #ariellazoelle #goodbadidea #goodbadideaseries #sunnyside #sunnysideuniverse #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad Next Door (Crimson Club #5)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Dad Next Door." It...