Monday, April 24, 2023

Love Fool (Good Bad Idea #4)


I stumbled across Ariella Zoelle's books on K.M. Neuhold's Facebook fanpage. She promises sweet, fluff, low/no angst, lots of humor, and no slow burn. This is her Good Bad Idea series (which kicks off her Sunnyside universe). The fourth book is titled "Love Fool." 

["Xander Dandridge
Everybody thinks my best friend is in love with me, including my cheating ex-boyfriend. When I have to see that jerk at my boss’s wedding, bringing Jules as my fake date is the perfect revenge. But why stop there? After all, if everyone is going to accuse Jules and I of being together, why shouldn’t we enjoy ourselves as friends-with-benefits?
Ohhhh, it’s because our arrangement makes me fall in love with him for real. Oops?

Jules Tourneau
I’ve ignored my feelings for Xander so many years that I’m convinced I only love him as a friend. It’s totally a coincidence that thinking of him with his awful ex-boyfriend makes me burn with raging hellfire, right? When we’re fake dating, I’m obviously going to have fun teasing him with obnoxiously cutesy nicknames, like calling him my pookie—crap, I’m actually in love with Xander, aren’t I?
How do you tell your best friend, “Surprise! I just figured out I’ve been stupid in love with you forever,” without sounding like the world’s biggest idiot?
"]

Turns out, Jules wasn't the one who needed to wake up; Xander was the love fool....I love it when I'm wrong about things like this. It made the dynamic more fun and less cliched (I mean, we all thought that Xander loved Jules when we met Xan in "Bet On Love." I'm not the only one that thought that).

These two were SO. DAMN. CUTE. and hot. and fluffy. and steamy. and fucking perfect. I mean it. They were just...goals. I love them. I love their dynamics. I love how perfect Xander is for everyone but Jules. I love how Jules can read Xander's mind. I love how they just...calm and complete each other. I love it. I love all of it. Even the a-little-to-long scene where they were finding each other's perfect but nauseating pet names (so. damn. cUte.).

These two might just live rent-free in my brain for a while...welcome..

#betonlove #servinglove #lovemeansmore #lovefancy #lovefool #lovedirections #picturelove #lovepractice #ariellazoelle #goodbadidea #goodbadideaseries #sunnyside #sunnysideuniverse #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad Next Door (Crimson Club #5)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Dad Next Door." It...