Saturday, April 15, 2023

Never Have I Ever: Had a Bromance with a Teammate (Never Had I Ever #3)


Another day, another TBR, another recommendation from a Nora Phoenix email (well, she recommended the second book). Now we're onto Willow Dixon's Never Have I Ever series. The third book is "Never Have I Ever: Had a Bromance with a Teammate."

["How could one kiss change everything between me and my best friend?

Jax has been my best friend since the day we met. We not only share our passion for baseball, but we train together, play on the same team, hang out together, even sleep in the same bed half the time.
I feel safe with him, and he gets me like no one else. Yeah, he’s gay and I’m straight, but that doesn’t matter.
Until it does.
Until one stupid dare to kiss each other leads to the most amazing, epic kiss of my life.
Until I suddenly can’t stop thinking about him, about what he awakens in me.
Until all I want is him.
Our bromance evolves into something much deeper, something that neither of us can define. I explore new territory with him and discover sides of myself I never knew I had.
But with not only our future in baseball on the line but also our friendship, how can this thing between us ever be more than temporary? A bromance between besties doesn’t have to change anything, right?"]

I was afraid this one would be very cliche and tropey, all in-love-with-my-straight-best-friend. But they were literally just best friends, the best of best friends...until that kiss (which, okay, was more of a heavy make-out session--not that I'm complaining (they certainly didn't)).

This book was another really awesome balance of fluff and steam, of love and spicy, of hurt and comfort, of not really wanting to but falling in love anyway. It was so sweet and so fun, and they were utterly perfect for each other. 

Annnnnd, this book made me want Eli's even more :( ... I have a few more week to wait, but I'm already willing to give a looooot to protect him (he's sunshine and anxiety all wrapped up in one--with an Encyclopedia brain and diabetes and secrets galore).

#neverhaveieverpunchedmyroommatesvcard #punchedmyroommatesvcard #neverhaveieversubmittedtomyenemy #submittedtomyenemy #neverhaveieverhadabromancewithateammate #abromancewithateammate #neverhaveieverwantedmybrothersrival #wantedmybrothersrival #neverhaveiever #neverhaveieverseries #willowdixon #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad Next Door (Crimson Club #5)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Dad Next Door." It...