Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Alpha Versus Omega (Bangers & Mash #6)


I can't remember if I found this book on a recommendation email from one of my favorite authors or on a recommendation post from one of my author fan pages on Facebook or on Facebook as an add. Either way, it grabbed my attention. Here's M.M. Farmer's Bangers & Mash series. The sixth novel is "Alpha Versus Omega."

["Love is a battlefield when two bitter rivals on the battle robot circuit are stuck together during an emergency heat…
Cooper
I’ve spent the last ten years of my life fighting my way to the top of the academic world and breaking glass ceilings for omegas everywhere, and now I can’t help but feel like my bid for tenure in the Engineering department of Barrington University hinges on me winning this battle robot competition. And it’s just my luck that I’ve been pitted against my bitter rival, alpha Raymond Jessup, in the very first round.

But that’s nothing to the fact that my heat sneaks up on me and hits at the most inconvenient time possible. And the ESA who shows up to provide emergency services? You guessed it—Ray.
Ray
My dreams of owning my own electronics shop hinged on the prize money I could have won at this robotics competition, and when that weaselly omega, Cooper Plant, destroys my beloved robot, Jimmy, in the first round, all hope seems lost. At least I can pick up a few extra bucks by taking a heat call on short notice.
And when that call turns out to be for Coop? Well, let’s just say this is going to be one “interesting” ESA call.
But Coop and I have bigger problems when we get a second chance in the arena. Has heat changed the dynamic between us, and can we stop fighting long enough to battle a bigger enemy?
"]

I'm not an idiot, you're not an idiot, but Ray and Cooper might be idiots. I mean, who didn't see the sexual tension there or the lack of actual hatred or the cliche? Sure, sure, we have the knowledge that it's a book and fiction and they're not even real, but bare with me (bear with me?---just sit tight).

They were so cute and so fun. They hated each other so much (not really) and when they finally came together (pun...not intended), it was hot and magical and fire-y. And then they [redacted for spoilers--though I predicted it based on the blurb], it was just...it made sense. They made sense in general. But it was still fun to see it all play out, and the two of them get their HEAs.

#howtotrainyouralpha #thewrongomega #newalphaontheblock #christmasheat #omegaontherun #alphaversusomega #anonymousalpha #heatlightning #mmfarmer #merryfarmer #emfarmer #bangersandmash #bangersandmashseries #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad Next Door (Crimson Club #5)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Dad Next Door." It...