Monday, May 15, 2023

Protecting Paul (Shafter Falls #1)


I needed a little angst in my life and happened to see an advertisement for Joy Danvers's "Protecting Paul." It's the first book in her Shafter Falls series.

["A Sexy Ex-Military Deputy Sheriff Wants to Protect Me But Is He a Danger to My Heart?

Sam was a walking wet dream in high school and he's only gotten better with age. I had the biggest crush on him, and he was my first (and best) kiss. Too bad he lives in Shafter Falls. 

No one from that town tried to help when I was getting beat up for being myself, and I'm not expecting anything good now that I have to go back and settle my dad's estate. Right away I have to deal with my hateful, violent uncle. Guess this town hasn't changed. 

But Sam is out of the military now and he's a deputy sheriff who keeps asking to protect me. I can't stop thinking about how good that would feel. Can I let him help without getting my heart broken?"]

There was angst (hence the trigger warnings below), but there wasn't a ton (if really any), between Sam and Paul. Not that I'm complaining. It was nice and sweet and soft. There wasn't a ton of spice (again, not complaining). It was almost easy for them to fall back into a friendship (and something more) after all those years and experiences apart from each other. But now they don't have to be apart (HEA after all).

Trigger Warnings: child abuse, physical abuse, verbal abuse, homophobia, homophobic slurs, kidnapping, and more

#protectingpaul #hearinghank #joydanvers #shafterfalls #shafterfallsseries #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad Next Door (Crimson Club #5)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Dad Next Door." It...