Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Can't Say Goodbye


I loved Brady when he was Felix's best friend in Saxon James's "The Dating Disaster." I loved Brady still when he was Peyton's brother in Eden Finley's "Football Royalty" (both books are part of the Franklin U series (also known as the FUKings series). I fell in love with him though in Eden Finley's latest novel: "Can't Say Goodbye."

["Our quick hellos are followed by drawn out goodbyes.

What started out as one fun night turned into a regular thing none of us ever planned for.

I can’t walk away from Kit and Prescott. Kit is the stern nurturer I need. He’s the caretaker, the solid presence. Prescott enables my wild ways. He’s someone I can have fun with. They couldn’t be more perfect for me.

But come graduation, I have to move across the country, and geography isn’t our only obstacle. Being in a relationship with two men isn’t good for my public image, my brother’s NFL career, or the media frenzy that surrounds my famously queer family.

We have a plan to meet up once a year, but with every reunion, every brief visit, we fall deeper.

There has to be a breaking point, something that will end it for us, or soon it will be impossible to say goodbye at all."]

((Famously queer family = his and Peyton's fathers, Marcus Talon and Shane Miller, from Eden's Fake Boyfriend series "Blindsided"---in case anyone wanted all of the connections, I got you ;) )).

Again, I delayed reading this book, because I anticipated angst. Again, I was correct in assuming the presence of angst, because duh, you read the blurb. Again, I was pretty damn happy with the included angst, because...well...you read the blurb. It comes with the terriroty of the genre as well as the secret relationships as well as the road to HEAs.

And weren't those HEAs damn amazing! 

All of the fluff and the support and the sweetness and the drama and the sheer amount of steam. All of it. 

#cantsaygoodbye #footballroyalty #edenfinley #thedatingdisaster #saxonjames #franklinu #franklinuseries #FUKings #FUKingsseries #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Left on Read (Crimson Club #4)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Left on Read." It&...