Monday, July 24, 2023

The Accidental Honeymoon Catastrophe (The Frat Brats of Santa Barbara #5)


Another day, another author crossed off my to-binge list. This is Hayden Hall's Frat Brats of Santa Barbara series. The fifth novel is "The Accidental Honeymoon Catastrophe."

["Remember not to get drunk married to your best friend. It’s not rocket science.

Stefan
It was supposed to be a fun weekend trip with all my friends. The next thing I know, a splitting headache is waking me up on a plane to who knows where and there’s a ring on my finger.
What?!
Next to me is Marco, my best friend in the world, an old flame and… My husband? His ring matches mine and the marriage certificate in my handbag definitely has both our names on it.
This is ridiculous. We agreed, years ago, that our friendship was more important than fooling around. We can’t go down that road again, even if he’s the only guy I ever wanted. Funny, smart, drop-dead gorgeous, Marco is off-limits. He deserves better.
But a string of terrible coincidences will turn our romantic honeymoon into a catastrophe that will either bring us together or break us forever.

Marco
I’ve been in love with my hot best friend since the day I met him. To find myself somehow married to him should make me way happier than it does. Yet it can’t; it was just a silly dare.
Our friends offered to send us on a crazy adventure. All we had to do was get married.
But no matter how much I want Stefan to be with me, he’s got other ideas. He says we’re incompatible; he wants us to be best friends forever; he wants a divorce.
And me? I’ve never even learned how to stand up for myself, let alone change somebody’s mind. Least of all a mind as stubborn as Stefan’s.
We’re stuck together for two weeks of honeymooning in the most romantic resort on this side of the world. If that doesn’t make him fall in love with me, my last hope will die.
Maybe this marriage is, and always has been, a total joke."]

These two are idiots. I mean, honestly. They've been basically in a relationship and completely in love for six years. It takes a "fake" marriage in Vegas and a real honeymoon in paradise for them to realize it. Oh, and a third-act-break-up (is it a break up if they're still not together-together by the third act?). Too much alcohol, a newlyweds-style board game, hot tub fun, and a Fuckboy confrontation later and they finally figured it out. Too bad there wasn't any Told-You-So scene.

#thelastsummervacation #thefakeboyfrienddebacle #theroyalroommatedisaster #thewrongtwindilemma #thebitterrivalfiasco #theaccidentalhoneymooncatastrophe #thebedroomcoachagreement #theofficenemesiscalamity #fratbratsofsantabarbara #fratbratsofsantabarbaraseries #haydenhall #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Left on Read (Crimson Club #4)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Left on Read." It&...