Friday, August 18, 2023

Blindsided (LSU #1)


I went looking for a brother's best friend books, and found this series (the third one is a brother's best friend). This series? Becca Steele's LSU series. The first book is "Blindsided."

["My first year at university started with a bang…literally.
I crashed into someone’s car. Even worse? It turns out that the person I blindsided is my new housemate, Liam, second-year student and football player.

It’s hate at first sight…until it isn’t.
But even if he doesn’t hate me anymore, it doesn’t change the fact that he’s straight.
At least, I thought he was.

One night, one kiss, and everything I thought I knew turns upside down.
They say actions speak louder than words.
And his actions tell me that he wants me."]

The angst in this one was a rollercoaster. It went from just hate-angst to lust-angst to internalized-homophobia-angst mixed with past-encounters-with-homophobia-ptsd-angst and break-up-angst. It was just...a lot. But a lot of good! 

So good!!

I mean it. The fluff and the sweetness. The sex and the steam. The protectiveness and possessiveness. All of it. Just a great balance of it all. 

But it makes me want three things: the next book (for Ander to fucking wake up and realize he loves Elliot back) and the two previous books in this connect universe (one with Kian and Preston, and one with Asher and Levi--both standalones, but in Becca's Alstone High series).

#collided #blindsided #sidelined #ignited #lsu #lsuseries #beccasteele #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Left on Read (Crimson Club #4)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Left on Read." It&...