Saturday, August 19, 2023

Sidelined (LSU #2)


I went looking for a brother's best friend books, and found this series (the third one is a brother's best friend). This series? Becca Steele's LSU series. The second book is "Sidelined."

["I’ve been in love with my best friend, Ander, for as long as I can remember. I’ve always kept my feelings to myself, knowing that I’d never have a chance because he’s straight.
Until the day he does me a favour by pretending to be my boyfriend.

After that, things change. He’s suddenly interested in experimenting with guys…just not with me.
It’s time for me to move on, and accept that nothing between us will ever change. He only sees me as his best friend.

Except…now he’s looking at me in a different way.
Does he feel something more than friendship for me, or am I just deluding myself?
I guess it’s time to find out."]

I sped-read through most of this book. The pining and the questioning and the feels were so much and so addictive. But then I needed a break (and a nap), because the angst and the mutual heartache and the he'll-never-love-me-like-I-love-him was just so hard (and I wasn't breathing).

Spoiler alert (or not), they figured it out, worked it out, said their "I love you"s, and had a very, very cute happily ever after (and an even cuter epilogue). 

Best-friends-to-lovers always hurts so goooooood! D: 

#collided #blindsided #sidelined #ignited #lsu #lsuseries #beccasteele #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Left on Read (Crimson Club #4)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Left on Read." It&...