Sunday, September 3, 2023

You're Not Supposed To Die Tonight


I've been binge-watching Only Murders In The Building and craving murder mysteries/thriller. Hence Kaylnn Bayron's "You're Not Supposed To Die Tonight."

["Charity Curtis has the summer job of her dreams, playing the “final girl” at Camp Mirror Lake. Guests pay to be scared in this full-contact terror game, as Charity and her summer crew recreate scenes from a classic slasher film, Curse of Camp Mirror Lake. The more realistic the fear, the better for business.

But the last weekend of the season, Charity's co-workers begin disappearing. And when one ends up dead, Charity's role as the final girl suddenly becomes all too real. If Charity and her girlfriend Bezi hope to survive the night, they'll need figure out what this killer is after. Is there is more to the story of Mirror Lake and its dangerous past than Charity ever suspected?"]

I should REALLY stop being so shocked by these thrillers lately. They're taking all of the twists and turns and wildness and gore to brand-new levels of :O. 

I mean...holy. shit. I can't. This book was funny as hell, all of the scaring people on purpose, until it wasn't. It was subtle gaslighting (all I-know-I-saw-This-but-maybe-it-was-just-a-shadow, and I-know-I-heard-That-but-maybe-it-was-just-an-animal), until it wasn't. It was gore unlike anything I've read before. It was horror upon horror (and conspiracy theories and cults and a touch of magical realism and local police behind unbelieving assholes and just so much (almost too much)).

I need a happy romance now, level out my heart rate and like...have one one die. BRB.

#yourenotsupposedtodietonight #kalynnbayron #thriller #yathriller #murdermystery #yamurdermystery #books #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad Next Door (Crimson Club #5)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Dad Next Door." It...