Monday, January 1, 2024

Fighting Attraction (Sentinel Protection #1)


Laura John has three more m/m books out, so I figured I'd just binge those now. ;) "Fighting Attraction" is the first novel in her Sentinel Protection duology. 

["I never thought I’d fall in love. I was content with my life the way it was.
Then a man came into my life like a tornado. He made me feel things I’d never felt before and completely turned me inside out.
When I was just coming to terms with my feelings for him, he got swept off the market and I lost my chance.
Life hit him hard, and now I have a second chance.
Can I push aside my insecurities and fight for our love, or am I already too late?"]

This one is deep and dark. Laura said herself that this novella has her usual heartbreak and humor, but that's its a hard read. Please keep in mind the trigger warnings below. It WAS a hard read. Everything was described out and rehashed in nightmares and panic attacks. Poor Damon.

But, bad things mean that good things are on the way. And great things came for Damon. Bruno was a fabulous friend and an even better boyfriend. They were strong together (Bruno has his own demons), and they communicated thoroughly (after a bit of angst), and they made it work because they wanted it to work. Life isn't easy, love isn't easy, but they made the road to healing as well the road to falling in love appear so.

Trigger Warnings: on-page descriptions of sexual assault, attempted rape, on-page descriptions of conversion therapy, mental health struggles, toxic parents, PTSD, and more

#fightingattraction #kissinginthesnow #embracingtemptation #sentinelprotection #sentinelprotectionseries #laurajohn #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad Next Door (Crimson Club #5)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Dad Next Door." It...