Monday, September 2, 2024

Legally Brawn (Rom-Com Reboot #3)


Here's D.J. Jamison's "Legally Brawn." It's the third and final novel in their new Rom-Com Reboot series.

["My boyfriend left me a year ago...but sometimes you have to fight for true love, right?

When Clayton breaks off our relationship to find someone more "serious" in law school, I'm devastated but not defeated. I just have to show him I have brains as well as brawn.

I study hard to get into law school and prove myself. But when I get there, ready to reclaim my man, he's moved on...to the snootiest rich boy I've ever met.

His new fiance pits the other students against me. I'm ostracized from their study groups and their parties--and I'm never left out of a party!

I think about quitting, but my friend Jordan keeps me going. He's a rock solid support as he helps me prepare for the demanding coursework, study case law, and prove that I deserve to be here. When I land an internship to work on a real legal case, it seems it's all paid off. And most surprising of all? I love this lawyering thing!

Clayton, on the other hand, is looking less appealing by the day.

Jordan is the one I want to talk to morning and night. The one I can count on to support me. The one who gives me...wet dreams?

Whoa. Maybe I don't need to fight for true love after all. Maybe I just need to review the evidence, the way I've been learning all year.

The verdict?

I've fallen in love with my best friend."]

This book was SO cute! It followed "Legally Blonde" so well but DJ also made this its own. It was glorious. There was even a modified bend-and-snap moment!

Jordan was in love with El for sooooo long (and everyone knew), so helping El get into law school to get Clayton back was bittersweet. He'd do everything and anything to make El happy, even if it broke his own heart in the process.

Ellis thought he knew exactly what he wanted, and he was willing to do a lot to get it, even if it wasn't originally in his plans. But getting into law school and getting even closer to Jordan, he was getting to know himself better. Turns out, he loved law just as much as he loved personal training (and he might not love Clayton as much as he thought he did).

Watching Vic get humbled, watching Clayton get the karma he deserved, and watching Jordan/Ellis fall into their perfect HEA was beautiful. DJ knocked yet another one right out of the park.

#sexlessinseattle #youvegotmale #legallybrawn #romcomreboot #romcomrebootseries #djjamison #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clueless Puckboy (Puckboys #5)

Getting lucky and receiving an ARC of "Forbidden Puckboy" means I need to hurry up and caught up with the other two books in the P...