Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Shannon Hale


I first discovered Shannon Hale at a children's thrift store when I was in early middle school. I think I came across "Princess Academy." Like, what little girl wouldn't want to pick that up?
Well "Princess Academy" wasn't what I excepted, based on the title. It's not some cute, prim-and-proper, posh-like reformed establishment where they churn out princesses by the dozen. No, it was feminist...before I even knew what feminism was. Actually, all of her books are/were for me: powerful, independent women.

Then I read "Book of A Thousand Days".

Finally, I fell in love with the Book of Bayern Series. "Goose Girl": based off the fable/fairy tale Goose Girl. "Enna Burning." "River Secrets." "Forest Born." The main characters in this series have special, elemental based powers, like talking to animals or controlling fire. This was my Aviator. 

What author/book changed your young reading path?

#shannonhale #princessacademy #bookofathousanddays #GooseGirl #EnnaBurning #RiverSecrets #ForestBorn #BooksofBayren #bookstagram #books #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inferno (Drake Security #4)

So many TBRs and so little time (and these authors just keep releasing shit, like my reading life (and life life) isn't already stressfu...