Sunday, October 27, 2019

Writing/Editing Rant


I started editing my manuscript this month.

Editing.

God, I really, really hate editing. I love writing (most of the time), but I get really, really, REALLY discouraged during the editing process. It's just...disheartening and...okay, its also really, really hard.


But so far, I'd like to say that its going pretty well. Some pages, all I do is circle one or two pieces of passive voice. Some pages, I cross off a bunch of things, add a bunch of things, move stuff around, change entire plot lines, delete characters.
And that's just the start.
On some pages, I added notes a while ago and don't know what I had written OR don't know what I had meant.


Its a barrel of fun.

But some parts are tons of fun. No sarcasm. Honestly. You write stuff, and sometimes amazing yourself. I love my characters, and I love watching them fall in love all over again during my agonizing editing journey.

What are your methods for editing?
Any tips for me during my fun adventures?

#writing #editing #writinglife #editingishard #books #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Left on Read (Crimson Club #4)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Left on Read." It&...