Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Burn The Fairy Tales


This book (Adeline Whitmore's "Burn The Fairy Tales") was suggested to me by a coworker.
And let's be real, because of my love of fairy tales and feminist literature (and Nikita Gill), I was like "hell yes". 

Here we are, a few months later but a few poems stronger.

["Kill the prince. Give the princess a sword. Send her into battle. Watch her win. This poetry book is a work of feminist self-empowerment for women and of understanding for men. It deals with love, loss, self discovery, self love, grief, and inspiration."]

It was a really empowering and strongly written poetry collection. I enjoyed reading it. 

However, the formatting on the Kindle edition of the book was really confusing/off. It made it hard to decipher one poem from the next (and then, when I went to read the second book/edition/volume, it was just...blank. I'm so confused). 

Maybe next time, I'll just buy a physical copy of a poetry collection instead of using the "free" Kindle one..

#burnthefairytales #burnthefairytalestwo #adelinewhitmore #poetry #poetrycollection #poetrybooks #poems #feminist #feministpoetry #fairytales #reclaimingthestory #books #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Left on Read (Crimson Club #4)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Left on Read." It&...