Sunday, May 16, 2021

Fake The Date (#Love Wins book one)


Random scrolling and recommendations have sent me here. To Ana Byrde's #Love Wins series. To "Fake The Date".

["Needed: Fake boyfriend for destination wedding

I came out to my parents when I was fifteen. Sadly, this has never stopped my mother from finding lovely young women for me to date. My sister suggests I bring my own date to her destination wedding. Problem is, I don't know how to find dates. The only man I've spoken to recently is my roommate. My way too hot--straight--roommate. My sister says I should ask him to play my boyfriend. It'll be fun, she says.

Now I'm sitting next to him on a plane and I constantly have to adjust myself so he doesn't notice that I'm into him.

In a few hours we'll be at our hotel, sharing the only bed in the room.

I don't know how I'll survive this wedding without exploding.

I do know I'll never listen to my sister again."]

This book was sooooo damn cute! I just. It was so simple and they didn't really question it (okay, so there was some anxiety about it all, but like zero angst). And a perfectly charming and totally inappropriate great aunt that was just also so wow.

Also, anyone I know want to have a destination wedding and invite me? I'm like allll in.

Trigger Warnings: homophobia, bullying, self-esteem issues

#fakethedate #hooklineandsinker #straightasacucumber #lovewins #lovewinsseries #anabyrde #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Left on Read (Crimson Club #4)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Left on Read." It&...