Monday, May 3, 2021

Nice Guys and First Times


I decided to look to my Kindle App and see what it would suggest me to do with my life (my reading life that is).

And that's how I found "Nice Guys and First Time" by K.M. Neuhold. A collection of four short stories about, well, nice guys and first times (take that as you will). All sweet and steamy and swoony as hell.

["Always You
A long weekend at my parents’ lake house to celebrate the end of the school year has been a tradition for my friends and me since we were sixteen. But this year it isn’t just any school year ending, it’s our college graduation, and I’ve decided there’s no time like the present to finally tell my best friends the truth I’ve kept from them for years. What I care most about is how my best friend, Dante, will feel. Not that I think he’ll return the ridiculous feelings I’ve been harboring for him, but a guy can hope, right? When a leaky ceiling drives Dante from his own bed into mine, the night might end up getting a lot more interesting than I expected."]

Obviously fucking idiots finally talked. Or ya know, not talked. ;) But they figured it out, so that's all that counts.


["Boyfriend Wanted
I need a fake boyfriend to bring to my family reunion, I just didn’t expect I’d find such a good one by answering a personal ad. With his devilish good looks and interesting piercings, I have to say, Roman is extremely committed to playing the part…even behind closed doors.
But will things cool off when the weekend is over or is Roman feeling things just like I am?"]

Whereas the first one was so fucking sweet it hurt, this one was spicy as fuck. So damn good. My favorite, to be honest. Opposites attract (shy(ish) nerd meets tatted/peirced badass?--yes please). It took these two a while to talk, but they eventually did, so there's that.


["Holigay
I’ve been in love with my best friend for almost as long as I can remember. The only problem is he’s straight. At least I thought he was. But when he gets me to Fiji for Christmas, he’s suddenly looking at me in a way I’ve never seen before. Could this all be real, or is he just HoliGay?"]

Another set of idiots. Then again, most friends-to-lovers scenario tends to be. Unlike the first story, this couple did not talk (until he was almost too late). But at least they got to go to Fiji..


["Chasing Rainbows
When I accidentally wandered into a date raffle, the last thing I expected to meet the mouth-watering ginger bear of my dreams, and I really didn’t expect to win a date with him. The only problem? The date is a full week in Scotland. I’ve never been much of an adventurer, but Tucker seems determined to change that.
Will one week be enough?"]

At least they talked. And got to chase rainbows. And see castles. I wish, sometimes, I could quit my job to travel the world too, though.

#niceguysandfirsttimes #kmneuhold #alwaysyou #boyfriendwanted #holigay #chasingrainbows #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Left on Read (Crimson Club #4)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Left on Read." It&...