Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Any Way The Wind Blows: Reaction 2


I still have a lot to say about this book. Still haven't entirely organized my thoughts though. 

I started the second read through yesterday. Then stopped. Because I got to the part where You Know Who does You Know What, and then everyone cries (or in my case, sobs uncontrollably for a while--and then some more). Hence, this post (I've always been good at avoiding confrontations--even in books).

I love how AWTWB feels almost like fanfiction. Like we (mostly jokingly) asked for even a shopping list from these characters, anything new (even if it wasn't all that exciting). And well, we got it. Mundanity. Living life. Getting through (not necessarily over) trauma. Simply being when the complicated stuff gets too complicated. Moving through the day hour by hour or minute by minute (or second by second if the day sucks that bad).

Carry On was about the Chosen One (who IS Simon--don't even get me started on that), doing his thang and saving the day and getting the girl guy. Wayward Son was about the aftermath, the trauma, the now-what-the-fuck-do-I-do, the fucking up, and the what-the-fuck-am-I-good for. Anyway The Wind Blows was like taking a nap and waking up (a bit) refreshed (still confused and tired as fuck, but at least a little more awake), getting into a new routine, starting anew, working through your trauma. 

I mean, don't get me wrong, the fluff was so fucking cotton candy sweet that I just can't (lots of squealing and clapping and underlining on my part--sue me, I like to write in my books). And the learning curve (aka character development) was sooooo great to see (from book 1 to book 3 and book 2 to book 3).

CO (I believe) is still my favorite of the three, but like I said, I haven't reread AWTWB all the way through yet. And I haven't seen a lot of theories/headcannons/etc yet (though did find a few and caught a bunch myself).

Annnnnd, I'm rambling a bit again. So, I'm out (for now). 

#anywaythewindblows #waywardson #carryon #fangirl #rainbowrowell #magicath #carryonsimon #simonsnow #snowbaz #bazpitch #tyrannusbasiltongrimmpitch #dragons #watford #books #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suddenly A Murder

I thiiiiiiink I stumbled across Lauren Muńoz's "Suddenly A Murder" at target (not a targeted add this time--just lack of contr...