Friday, November 12, 2021

Some Things I Still Can't Tell You: Poems


Gotta be honest, bought this poetry collection mostly out of nepotism. I love the shit out of Misha Collins. He's so fucking smart and sweet and talented and...well I could list a ton of facts I know about him, his life, his family from my years of obsessing over #Supernatural. But this post is about "Some Things I Still Can't Tell You: Poems."

["From Misha Collins, actor, longtime poet, and activist, whose massive online following calls itself his “Army For Good," comes his debut poetry collection, Some Things I Still Can't Tell You. Trademark wit and subtle vulnerability converge in each poem; this book is both a celebration of and aspiration for a life well lived.

This book is a compilation of small observations and musings. It's filled with moments of reflection and a love letter to simple joys: passing a simple blade of grass on the sidewalk, the freedom of peeing outdoors late at night, or the way a hand-built ceramic mug feels when it's full of warm tea on a chilly morning. It's a catalog and a compendium that examines the complicated experience of being all too human and interacting with a complex, confounding, breathtaking world … and a reminder to stop and be awake and alive in yourself."]

129 pages of another one of Misha's passions: poetry. 129 pages of brutally honest poetry, poetry I can see his life in, poetry that I can see anyone's life in. Beautiful words broken apart by the rhythm/system of traditional poetry structure.

Nepotism or not, I'd say read this. Keep it on your shelf for a while, let it collect some dust, and read it again. It's warm like a cup of tea, but vulnerable and real like the cold fall air. Together, they just..work.

#somethingsistillcanttellyou #mishacollins #poems #poetry #books #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Left on Read (Crimson Club #4)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Left on Read." It&...