Thursday, November 11, 2021

Pick Me (Sunday Brothers series #1)


Speaking of small towns (yes, again), May Archer has another small town (and another spin-off series) that debuted a few weeks ago. "Pick Me", the first novel in the Sunday Brothers series takes place in the small town (though it doesn't say outright--but I'm pretty sure I'm right) right next to the small town of O'Leary (a series I gushed and gushed-an gushed-about many months ago----still think about it a lot, to be perfectly honest (my favorite is still Constantine and Micah from "The Secret")).
This also takes place in the same universe as the Whispering Key series (Gage is from there--this novel takes place after "Whispering Key", which, I'm guilty in not having read yet--next book maybe?).
Onto the review then?

["The job at Sunday Orchard was supposed to be temporary.

A chance to gain some work experience. To have some fun. To get away from my overprotective brothers. To maybe, possibly encounter some lumberjacks in their natural habitat before moving on to the dream career that awaited me in the city.

I had not expected to be welcomed into a family of gorgeous and weirdly efficient lumberjack-types myself. Or to find a purpose in the tiny Vermont town whose claim to fame seemed to be apple-based products and copious amounts of charm.

And I most definitely hadn’t expected to fall for Knox Sunday, my grumpy, burly, fifteen-years-older, reluctant roommate, with his infuriating lectures, his hot-as-fire body, his superior attitude, his snarky humor, and his stealth cuddles.

Now I find myself making excuses to delay my big dreams… just for a little while.

But Knox has unfulfilled dreams of his own. A career he walked away from. A big city life in Boston he left behind when he returned to his hometown to help his family. He claims he’s not looking for anything permanent, and I’ve never been one to put down roots.

My big life is waiting for me somewhere other than Little Pippin Hollow. So why does it feel like I’ve finally found the home of my heart?

And how can I get Knox Sunday to… pick me?"]

Grump + Sunshine. Sign me the fuck up. And stealth cuddles? Yes, please. And honestly, age gaps are starting to really grow on me.

I did a lot of small-town gushing in the previous posts (and probably will in the next one--trying to catch up on TBR piles during my birthday-week-vaca). And then some more about May Archer's small towns above. So, like, I probably shouldn't here. Fucking hell, though, honestly. I fucking love them (small towns).

And I really fucking love these two. They're such fucking idiots. Falling in love (one knows it's happening--the other is completely fucking blind) and becoming emotionally dependent on each other and relying on each other for life choices/decisions. I mean, they were blind to each other, so of course they were blind to their own feelings until it was almost too fucking late. Idiots.

But I loved these idiots. They were one of those couples were you'll think about for a while. And I know I say that a lot (how much I love this couple, how much I love that couple--I can't help it, I love love), but these two were just so helplessly/hopelessly cute and in love and ggaaaaahhh.

#pickme #handpicked #sundaybrothers #sundaybrothersseries #loveinoleary #loveinolearyseries #whisperingkey #whisperingkeyseries #mayarcher #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Left on Read (Crimson Club #4)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Left on Read." It&...