Monday, February 21, 2022

Free Me (Tattoos and Temptations #3)


Again, who needs to stick to the already-downloaded books I have on my kindle or the ever-growing pile(s) of books on my TBR shelves when you can just like binge-read a new author and her first series? Here’s to Mia Monroe’s “Tattoos and Temptations” series. The third book is titled "Free Me."

["Only his ropes can unravel the past.

I never thought I’d see him again, but when my former best friend shows up ready to make amends, it becomes clear just how tied to the past I am. He disappeared when I needed him the most, leaving me to navigate my truth alone. Now he’s back.

Nixon’s art leaves me vulnerable, defenseless, and I like it. Bound by desire and past hurts, giving him complete control might be exactly what I need to set me free.

What neither of us expected? The ropes free him too…"]

Like the first solo book of hers that I read (#TheJerkNextDoor) (as well as this whole series so far, though I just didn't mention it), there were some scenes/sections of dialogue that were just...overly flowery and overtly focused on their feelings for each other that were a little hyper-realistic (yes, even for the genre--yes, even for me); however, I'm starting to think that's just maybe Mia's style.


I also agree with a few of the negative comments on GoodReads that it was a little sudden. Not necessarily the forgiveness thing or the rope thing. I think the romance thing. Or at least the sexy-times thing. Spoilers: I didn't know Shibari could be non-sexual (it makes sense that it is, but all of the books I read are sexualizing it so), and Nix spent so long during their first session saying that its not sexual for him; and then all of a sudden, during their second session, it's like arousal  city. That part was fast for me, no gonna lie.


Okay, no more negative comments. Moving onto the positive ones... I am a fucking suuuuuucccccckkkkker for best-friends to lovers romance stories, especially ones where they're bests friends since birth. And this one didn't disappoint. At. All.


Contradicting my first negative comment, I really enjoyed how they talked things out. When things got difficult and emotions were going everywhere, these two were adults about it. Instead of having a screaming fight, they took time to calm down separately before talking their concerns out and finding a mutual solution. That's maturity. Not hot or steamy, but sometimes, a healthy relationship isn't always sexy.


Trigger Warnings: homophobia, queer-phobia, internalized-homophobia, etc


Very, very excited to binge-read this series. [“Welcome to Miami.”]


#dateme #marryme #fixme #freeme #catchme #temptme #twistme #tattoosandtemptation #tattoosandtemptationseries #miamonroe #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Left on Read (Crimson Club #4)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Left on Read." It&...