Thursday, April 27, 2023

Friend of Mistlefoe


The next stop in Ariella Zoelle's Sunnyside universe is "Friend of Mistlefoe." It's a standalone novel.

["The only thing worse than not living out his Christmas rom-com fantasy is having his sworn enemy be the one to make all his holiday dreams come true.

Mingo Nevins
I’d rather roast my chestnuts over an open fire than spend a single second around Marley. So when that Grinch shows up at my apartment to hang out with my friends over Christmas break, I’m ready to deck his halls, if you know what I mean.
After he starts an argument with me, I take advantage of the mistletoe hanging above us to end it with an impulsive kiss to shut him up, once and for all. But I make one crucial miscalculation: Marley kisses to win, and I refuse to lose.
I guess that means we’re dating now?

Marley Garland
With a mistletoe kiss, Mingo moves from my naughty list right to the top of my to-do list. We may have started as enemies, but that doesn’t change the fact that I want him to jingle my bells and make it a white Christmas.
If I have my way, the road won’t be the only thing getting plowed tonight. But can we call a truce long enough to make it a not-so-silent night?
"]

Honestly, could the enemies-to-lovers banter in this get any cuter? Or more entertaining?? Like holy Christmas fuck, it was glorious. As was the hate sex…and the Christmas puns…and Figgy the cat (Figgy!!).

#friendormistlefoe #ariellazoelle #sunnyside #sunnysideuniverse #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Left on Read (Crimson Club #4)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Left on Read." It&...