Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Love Practice (Good Bad Idea #7)


I stumbled across Ariella Zoelle's books on K.M. Neuhold's Facebook fanpage. She promises sweet, fluff, low/no angst, lots of humor, and no slow burn. This is her Good Bad Idea series (which kicks off her Sunnyside universe). The seventh and final book is titled "Love Practice." 

["Wren Ferres
Does anyone know how to make Prince Charming fall in love with you? I’m asking for a friend.
…yeah, that friend is me. I’m secretly a little in love with my best friend and roommate. Okay, I’m a lot in love with him. Like, truly, madly, deeply in love with him. But it’s not my fault! He’s hot, French, and laughs at all my stupid jokes. He’s the prince of my dreams, minus the part where he isn’t actual royalty and not in love with me. Determined to change that, I come up with a brilliant plan to challenge Monsieur Know-it-all to be my dating tutor. I’m hoping that’ll tempt him into acting on our flirtatious banter.
If it doesn’t, maybe I’ll push my luck by suggesting some kissing practice?

Isidore “Izzy” Devereaux
Wren is flirty, quirky, très cute—and completely oblivious about how much I love him. His wild ideas usually make me laugh, but his request to go on practice dates to give him pointers? Yeah, that pushes all my buttons. Agreeing to his outlandish request means risking him discovering my secret. But, it also presents a tempting opportunity. This is my one chance to make him see me as more than just his best friend. It could be my only shot at making him my boyfriend for real.
I may not be a real prince like he teases me about, but can’t we still have a happily ever after?"]

Another set of best friends who are idiots in love? Why the hell not. You'd think after having so many of these in one series (let alone by one author) would be boring at some point, but it's not; Ariella makes each so unique (book, friendship, character) that it's not cliche or tired. It's still fresh and fun.

A direct quote: “You really know me better than anyone. I’m a little shit even in your wildest dreams, because me being batshit bonkers is what you enjoy most, isn’t it?” 

Imma die now again. So many of these couples and characters are now favorites of mine. I’m legit obsessed right now. Obsessed. You might not see me for a while reading anything else. So much fun and inspiration and love and D: 

Last book in the Good Bad Idea series finished...or first series by Ariella Zoelle completed...you decide. ;)

#betonlove #servinglove #lovemeansmore #lovefancy #lovefool #lovedirections #picturelove #lovepractice #ariellazoelle #goodbadidea #goodbadideaseries #sunnyside #sunnysideuniverse #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Left on Read (Crimson Club #4)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Left on Read." It&...