Monday, April 24, 2023

Love Means More (Good Bad Idea #2)


I stumbled across Ariella Zoelle's books on K.M. Neuhold's Facebook fanpage. She promises sweet, fluff, low/no angst, lots of humor, and no slow burn. This is her Good Bad Idea series (which kicks off her Sunnyside universe). The second book is titled "Love Means More." 

["Ambrose O’Rourke
I’ve only met one person I couldn’t seduce—Augie Murphy, the man I love who thinks I’m straight. When I have a chance to be his fake boyfriend, it’s too much temptation to resist. It turns out that’s literally true, since I get carried away with a passionate kiss. He thinks it’s just a game, but it’s so much more than that.
How do I convince my best friend I want to be his boyfriend for real?

August “Augie” Murphy
Ambrose is handsome, irresistible, and completely off-limits. That didn’t stop my stupid heart from falling in love with my best friend the first day we met. When he suggests we pretend to be boyfriends on a double date, my curiosity defeats my common sense. Even if we’re only pretending for one night, I want to know what it’s like to be loved by him.
Is it possible to turn my fake boyfriend for a night into my real one forever?"]

If you read the first book, you knew that these two would eventually get their shit together and...get together. Augie was obviously in love then, as he is now; Ambrose's feelings, however, was a fun surprise.

There was some angst with Ambrose's internalized homophobia, family, his toxic Catholic upbringing, his baby brother, his ma...but everything works out in the end (spoiler alert, I guess). Augie's only angst was his feelings and not fully believing Ambroses's plans/feelings/etc.

But, even with all of the angst (low though...mostly), the fluff and the sweetness made it all okay. As did the super steamy game of naked ABCs they played...

#betonlove #servinglove #lovemeansmore #lovefancy #lovefool #lovedirections #picturelove #lovepractice #ariellazoelle #goodbadidea #goodbadideaseries #sunnyside #sunnysideuniverse #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad Next Door (Crimson Club #5)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Dad Next Door." It...