Monday, April 17, 2023

Step Bully


Willow Dixon's Never Have I Ever series is linked to her "Step Bully" novel. They both take place in the same universe, at the same college, around the same time (but this novel takes place just a smidge before the NHIE series does--same academic year but before the other couples get together (for the most part)).

["Of all the people in the world, I had to be attracted to the one person I hate…

Ash Summers is the most beautiful guy I’ve ever seen. He’s also a total d*ck, and I hate him more than anything. That feeling is mutual, by the way, as he does nothing but torment me.

Oh, and did I mention he’s my stepbrother?

Messing with Ash is all fun and games until our parents force us to room together during our final year at college. Sharing an apartment with him only makes me hate him more.

Until it doesn’t. When Ash touches me, it’s impossible to remember why I dislike him so much. All I can think of is that I need him to do it again…and again.

Every encounter with Ash teaches me a little about myself and my true desires, but it also leaves an emptiness inside me that I don’t understand.

Am I the only one feeling things? Or is my big, bad stepbrother just as desperate for a connection as I am?
"]

I shouldn't be shocked at how good Willow's book are at this point. But HOLY. SHIT. This book was so fucking goooood! It was so fucking steamy and spicy and the hate sex?! 5-6 scenes of hate sex before the 50% mark (yes, you read that right, 5-6 of them). And through all of that hate? So. much. love (and unresolved romantic tension and childhood trauma and other "fun" things--check out the trigger warnings below).

I think this might be my favorite book of Willow's so far (and who needs to continue on the book reading list/order I had planned when I can just binge Willow's other series instead??).

Trigger Warnings: toxic stepparents, toxic parents, attempted sexual assault, forced outing (before book takes place), panic attacks, and more

#stepbully #willowdixon #neverhaveieverseries #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad Next Door (Crimson Club #5)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Dad Next Door." It...