Monday, April 17, 2023

Battle To Belong (Heroes At Home #0.5)


Not reading books in my TBR pile, not reading book already downloaded on my kindle, but getting authors off my to-binge list is something, right? An accomplishment is an accomplishment. Here is Willow Dixon's Heroes At Home series. The novella "Battle To Belong" is available on her website via #ProlificWorks.

["I’ve been lost, but he makes me feel like home… Twenty years ago, I left home a bright-eyed teenager eager to serve my country as an army medic. Now I’m back and I’m not sure where I fit in. Being gone for so long has created a divide between my past and my present, and I find myself struggling. I made it home, but home isn’t the same place it used to be, and I’m not the same man I was when I left. When I reconnect with an old friend from high school, hope flares up in me. Tanner and I haven’t had much contact over the years, but getting to know him again is rejuvenating. We might have only been friends in the past, but there’s something between us that’s impossible to ignore. Can Tanner help me find my footing as a civilian? And have I finally found where I belong…with him?"]

This one was a little info-dump-y and repetitive like "NHIE: Punched My Roommate's V-Card." Then again, I'm not going to even try to understand the emotional and physical trauma a vet carries and how they does/doesn't translate to civilian life (see trigger warnings below).

This book was SO cute! They were best friends in high school, then internet friends for a while, and then they had a meet-cute (involving a doggo named Loki)...the rest is history, a HEA. They just clicked; it was like two missing puzzle pieces finally finding each other again. The romantic and non-romantic chemistry was there (as well as the sexual chemistry). They fall fast, but when its real, you know (or so I'm told).

Trigger warnings: PTSD, discussions from time at war, brief descriptions of medial trauma, and more

#battletobelong #straightbattle #battleforthetop #battletosurrender #willowdixon #heroesathome #heroesathomeseries #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Left on Read (Crimson Club #4)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Left on Read." It&...