Monday, April 17, 2023

The Boyfriend Sham (Love In No Man's Land #0.5)


After signing up for Becca Jackson's newsletter (
because I need all of the updates on her Love In No Man's Land series), I was gifted the LiNML novella, "The Boyfriend Sham" (via #ProlificWorks).

["Theo 
I have no clue why I agreed to this boyfriend ham, but there was something about a built guy like Landon needing saving that sucked me right in.
He's like a warm hug wrapped in a Mack Truck, and boy would I like to take him for a spin.
This sham was supposed to be only for the weekend, but I have to have more. I can't imagine walking away from this guy, so how do I make him see I want this fake this for real?

Landon
It's been forever since I've dated. My ex has me convinced I was too much for any guy, so when he starts making his way over to our reunion I panic and beg the bartender there to pretend to be my boyfriend.
I never thought he would actually say yes, but he did and even better, he's happy to keep playing the part over the weekend to really get my ex off my back.
The thing is, the more time I spend with Theo, the more I wish he was my boyfriend for real. Is my ex right, or could Theo be the exact guy I've been waiting for?
"] 

We met both Landon and Theo in "Textual Connections," and I'm sooooo happy they got to have their happily ever after in this 70-page book. Theo bartends at the bar the characters had their trivia night at, and Landon is one of the queer group in town (he also owns the winery/farm). This novella takes place before the first book (I think).

They were SO CUTE. Their chemistry was immediate. Then it got a little angsty and awkward. Then it got steamy...fast. Then it was sweet again and soft and understanding and honest. This novella was soooo worth the read!

#theboyfriendsham #textualconnections #thehalfbakedplan #whiskeybusiness #beccajackson #loveinnomansland #loveinnomanslandseries #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Left on Read (Crimson Club #4)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Left on Read." It&...