Monday, July 17, 2023

Bolt From The Blue (Caught Off Guard #1)


Trying to cross another author off my to-binge list (which, yes, for those of you who are following along, is my third TBR list in 24 hours--I have at least another three). Caught Off Guard is another one of Willow Thomas's series. The first novel is "Bolt From The Blue."

["Milo
I am tired of my friends trying to set me up with whatever guy they feel is suitable, regardless of my feelings. So naturally I resort to throwing myself at the first cute guy I see and ask him to pretend to be my boyfriend.
I’m happy but shocked when the hockey jock agrees to play along and help me out.
If my friends won't listen to my words, maybe they’ll back off once they see I’m in a relationship.
Shame it’s not real because Austin is everything I want.

Austin
I have had a crush on the barista at my local coffee shop since I first laid eyes on him.
When Milo serves me my drink with a kiss on the cheek, it’s like all my Christmas’ and birthdays have come at once.
I have college, hockey, and parents to deal with, but I am willing to go along with whatever Milo asks.
Anything, just to be able to spend more time together."]

I believe this is one of Willow’s very first published pieces. It shows a little bit in the dialogue and length, but over all, this was a very cute and fun novel. Especially one setting up and entire universe for a series. I can’t wait for the rest of the hockey players (and others) to find their low-angst/high-steam happily ever afters. 

#boltfromtheblue #unexpected #knockedforsix #doubletake #blownaway #caughtoffguard #caughtoffguardseries #willowthomas #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Left on Read (Crimson Club #4)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Left on Read." It&...