Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Knocked For Six (Caught Off Guard #2)


Trying to cross another author off my to-binge list (which, yes, for those of you who are following along, is my third TBR list in 24 hours--I have at least another three). Caught Off Guard is another one of Willow Thomas's series. The second book is "Knocked For Six."

["No hooking up with teammates. We can’t stand each other so it should be simple. Right?

My best friend just got expelled and the coach has already filled his spot with someone who lacks passion for the game. Hockey means everything to me. I’m not going to let him ruin my chances at playing in the NHL.

After a blow up during a game, we have no choice but to take part in team bonding. Every time he looks at me with his fiery green eyes, sparks fly. Especially when I find out he’s never been kissed.

One taste has me tossing the rules aside and needing more of him. It’s OK though. It’s not as if we’re going to catch feelings…"]

Enemies to lovers. Hockey romance. Low angst. HEA.

Surprisingly, the angst was pretty low. That blow up was actually two, but it was kinda small and the first one was a misunderstanding of sorta. And the kiss happened pretty quickly. As did the steam. And the happily ever after.

I, honestly, really liked these two. I would have looooved to read a full-length novel of the two of them, a little more slow burn and a little more angst (and a lot more steam ;) ).

#boltfromtheblue #unexpected #knockedforsix #doubletake #blownaway #caughtoffguard #caughtoffguardseries #willowthomas #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Left on Read (Crimson Club #4)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Left on Read." It&...