Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Not Dating Material (Accidental Love #2)


Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Saxon James's "Not Dating Material" It's the second novel in her Accidental Love series.

["MOLLY
Moving to Seattle is supposed to be all about getting a fresh start and leaving the bitter man I was becoming behind.
I have new roommates–quirky, sometimes strange, roommates–a nosy, next door neighbor and a grumpy kitty for company, but even surrounded by people, I still don’t feel like I belong. Plus, it turns out the men in Seattle are exactly the same as the ones I left behind, and my string of romantic disconnections continues.
It’s not until one of my roommates, Seven, hits me with some hard truths that I realize where I was going wrong.
Maybe the men aren’t the problem.
I am.
And there’s only one way to fix that.

SEVEN
Being found tied up naked to my bed by my cute new roommate isn’t an ideal way for us to start a friendship.
But apparently a quid-pro-quo is.
He keeps his pretty lips zipped about the compromising position, and I step in as his dating coach. We go out, I point out where he’s going wrong, and he magically becomes dating material.
The problem is, between my codependent brother Xander and a new best friend I can’t get rid of, Molly and I are the target of a matchmaking scheme. My life is way too busy to add another person to it, and Molly is the kinda guy who needs to be made a priority, which I just can’t do. Xander’s medical anxiety takes up too much of my time, and I’ve never found a partner who doesn’t resent it.
I’m determined to help Molly find his ever after.
But that guy will never be me."]

Okay, so connected universes: Molly is from Saxon's Divorced Men's Club series, and Seven has been previously featured her and Eden Finley's Puckboy series AND in their stand-alone novel "Up In Flames." Now they both get their own HEAs...if they take their heads out of their asses first. ;)

I needed a third-act-break-up where I sobbed uncontrollably at the unfairness of it all and the miscommunication and the it's-not-you-it's-me and the I'm-doing-this-for-you and the I'm-just-trying-to-protect-myself and the heartbreak and the friends trying to snap them out of said heartbreak. This ALMOST made me sob. Cry, yes. Thank you for the therapy, Saxon (cry-therapy). 

These two were barely faking it. I mean, honestly, in what book, in what universe, does fake-dating actually work. Sure, this wasn't even fake-dating, but practice-dating, but when has THAT ever stayed just fake and lacked feelings EVER. Poor fools. :D 

Also, I reeeaaallly want Xander to find his happily ever after! Sooner rather than later, please!!

Also x2, this is the third book in a rook where one of the MMC has a naughty piercing...

Also x3, from the amount of times Molly mentioned his dad and Will being best friends and the one time he mentioned them maybe being more (and hating the idea--you poor, sweet, summer child), you'd think there's a book on the horizon somewhere featuring Keller and Will... ;)

Trigger Warnings: past psychical and sexual abuse, past trauma due to neglect, on-page non-consensual photographs, and more

#thehusbandhoax #notdatingmaterial #saxonjames #accidentallove #accidentalloveseries #puckboys #puckboysseries #upinflames #divorcedmensclub #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Left on Read (Crimson Club #4)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Left on Read." It&...