Monday, September 4, 2023

Regular, Smegular! (Fast Break #3)


Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Becca Seymour's "Regular, Smegular!" It's the third novel in her Fast Break series.

["A cheesy game of spin the bottle grabs my interest, but it’s the hot guy with sexy piercings and delectable ink who keeps it.

Have I kissed a man before? That’ll be a no.

But I’m definitely interested, and by the way Tiller can’t take his gaze off me, he’s hoping the bottle lands on him.

Spoiler it does.

And holy crap, it’s the hottest kiss I’ve shared with anyone.

Now there’s one slight problem.

That I’m bi isn’t the issue. I’m embracing that new development with eagerness.

It’s the fact that Tiller is my basketball coach’s son that makes my attraction complicated. Add in how Tiller’s joined the coaching team and is instructed to work directly with me, and it’s quite possible there’s going to be nothing regular about this college season."]

Becca is another guaranteed good read. There was some angst with Tiller's past and with their professional relationship. But nothing crazy (and nothing Ty--from "Facts, Smacts"--and the other guys in the house couldn't handle).

The sweetness and the protectiveness, the instant connection and chemistry, the falling in love so easily (the knowing it's more than just lust so easily), the future wanting and the parent meeting and the secret sharing. They made it work with very little angst and no arguments and lots of steam. 

Another bandage for my anxiety-ridden and thriller-injured heart. Also, who doesn't love a HEA? Fools, that's who (also, probably the thriller-seekers--at least with murder mysteries, there's (usually) a happy-ish ending).

#rulesschmules #factsmacts #regularsmegular #easyschmeasy #fastbreak #fastbreakseries #beccaseymour #books #queerbooks #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Left on Read (Crimson Club #4)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Left on Read." It&...