Thursday, December 7, 2023

All I Want For Christmas is Stu


I'm still slowly working my way through Lisa Henry's works (as well as all of the many, many TBR piles I have). Here's her latest release: "All I Want For Christmas is Stu."

["Life isn’t going to plan for Charlie Mathis. He’s back in Cutler Lake with no job, no prospects, and no plan. But when he sees his old childhood crush, Stuart Harrison, working at Santa’s Grotto in the local mall, suddenly things don’t seem so bad.

When Charlie was growing up, Stu was always way out of his league. Well, not anymore! The guy is wearing an elf costume—he’s clearly failing harder at life than Charlie is right now. It’s a perfect match, right?

But Christmas has a surprise for Charlie, and it’s not what’s under the tree."]

This was a fabulous read. Nice and quick and sweet and happy and charming. A perfect Thursday night read (hopefully it'll set the mood for tomorrow/Friday as well as this weekend--*fingers crossed*).

Or maybe not. Yes it was very cute, but Charlie is the picture next to the word word-vomit and second-hand-embarrassment in the dictionary. I don’t need that for my weekend. Some cocoa, some books, and a happily ever after (and a book store dog)??? Hell. Yes.

#alliwantforchristmasisstu #lisahenry #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Left on Read (Crimson Club #4)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Left on Read." It&...